Insight is gained when surrounded by the people who influence the most. Mentors, friends who went through university with me, and family. My family includes my uni friends; either continuing school or stepping into the real world or both. I travelled to central Canada and saw them this weekend and the discussions had on planes, trains and automobiles presented these conclusions in my head.
1. The world we live in is a beautiful one.
2. You have gifts to make it more beautiful.
3. We cannot change the world however we can create change in our world.
4. Love. Pure and simple. It is not complicated. If it is, it’s not right.
5. Forgiveness. Like love, unconditional; but hard.
6. Your friends will always be there. Even if they seem far away. If they love you, it doesn’t matter how much time or distance there is between you.
7. Foster the relationships that are important. Forget the ones that aren’t.
8. Anything and anyone can inspire your creativity.
9. You can inspire anyone’s creativity you just may not know you have at the time.
10. The simplest words mean the most. So say them.
11. There is always a better choice in hindsight.
12. A life of regret is a life looking backwards not forwards.
13. Age is a perception of time.
14. Age does not dictate greatness or when or if. Actions do.
So lessons acknowledged… But are they learnt? Hmmmm…. That’s the real question.